Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Sense of Place, Part 4 (Installing the Show)

Central Library in Fort Worth, Texas, has the most amazing exhibition display case I've ever come across. I spent a few hours on Monday of this week installing the exhibition for A Sense of Place. And the Central Library case is the first one that has allowed me to display an entire Moleskine Japanese accordion structure opened from first page to last (with enough space left over for a partially opened accordion on either end).

the library's glass cases are massive!

my journals come in all sizes (and I frequently carry a variety of sizes at any given time)

positioning one of the partially-opened Japanese accordions

place-based sketching need not be limited to a sketchbook (my trusty little pochade sketch box with an "WIP" panel)

selecting nature studies in a handmade journal

The exhibition consists of 28 journals and a number of panels and other "loose pieces". If you'll be in the area please drop by and take a look. (And I'll be in every two weeks to turn the pages, rotate the Japanese journals, and switch out the panels. So, you might even want to visit two or three times to take it all in.

And be sure to join us for the first of four journaling workshop (this one at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens) on Friday. (You can phone 817.392.7323 for free registration and additional information.)

Cheers!

a quick flip through the first volume from our European adventure (you can 
drop by the exhibit to see it opened end-to-end)

2 comments:

  1. I recently found your blog through "An Illustrated Journey". I am fascinated by the way you catch the action with so much detail. I look forward to seeing your journals at the library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you'll consider joining us for one (or more) of the workshops too. (They're free.)

      http://fortworthtexas.gov/library/WorthReading/event/?id=114616

      Delete