Monday, December 14, 2015

Home Again, Home Again Jiggety-Jig (or "Pauline's Misadventures in Limbo-land")

local mechanics, Twinkletoes and Twinklethumbs (yours truly, cirlced) just 
before replacing Pauline's fuel tank

Well, the quick turnaround (arrive one day, leave the next) in SoCal was not to be. We worked diligently on the car and Pauline was starting to look really neat with all her new parts. But, as week three neared an end, I decided that it was high time I got back to my family and my studio obligations. So, I bid farewell to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, caught the red-eye home from LAX, and arrived (sans Jeep) in time for breakfast with the wife and kids (followed by sleep, lots and lots of sleep.) It felt great to be home!

Riverside Walk, color sketch, 8"x6", 
Gamblin oils on Ampersand Gessobord

After napping away the better part of the first day home, I got down to work -- first unloading all of my gear from the Utah adventure, and then beginning the compilation of drawings and paintings for a Zion NP gallery page on my website.

Grotto House and Red Arch Mountain, 10"x7", 
w/c over pen & ink

Over the next few months I will be adding dozens of new works to the collection. And, as soon as the National Park Service has selected the piece for their permanent collection, many of the oil paintings will be offered for sale. So, please take a look at my new page (Zion NP Gallery Page) and, if you like what you see, check back often to see the latest additions. (There's much more to come!)

Golden Hour, comp study, graphite on paper (one of the 35 
works on paper I've posted to the new gallery thus far)

Looking for a unique, one-of-a-kind gift for the Holidays? Something for that special art lover or nature enthusiast in your life? Check out the selection in my 4-Sale gallery. Most are available with or without framing, and enquiries are always welcome.

artworks in the 4-Sale gallery range from $250 to $700 plus S&H

Cheers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment